Monday, May 17, 2010

Off to Sonoma and more regional shrubbery



I'll be headed later today to Sonoma county for the annual Sonoma Plein Air festival, and will be exhibiting a week's worth of work in the county next Saturday, May 22, in Sonoma Plaza, along with many other fellow artists such as Terry Miura, Paul Kratter, Randy Sexton, Carol Hesse-Low, and Tim Horn. Below are a few pieces from the last month or so from over my back fence, and one from the shadowed recesses of Pinehurst Rd., which is awash in forget-me-nots for a brief period of time. Hope to see some of you in the plaza next Saturday. Hope we get some good weather, or mist and local color will be prevalent.



7 comments:

karlsimon said...

wonderful tempratures!

Shane Pierce said...

man that blue on the first one is amazing!

TJ said...

Thanks for posting these and also, good luck at Sonoma. Hope you have a minute to take some photos. Being stuck in the "middle", I miss lots of great things!

Tom Scholes said...

Forget me nots are wonderful.

Bill Cone said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll put out a post on my week in Sonoma soon. I hope to try some more
forget-me-not paintings before the bloom is over.
It is an unreal color in the green shadows, but maybe I overdid it a bit on that one image!

Jala Pfaff said...

Of course these are all good, but the second one I really love.

Bill Cone said...

Thanks Jala, That whole hill is now yellow, and a tractor has plowed a swath partly up it for fire control.
Near sunset, the light and shadow values can get very close to each other, but I think these one's are a little too close. The shadow went up that hill faster than I expected, so I was mainly painting shadows, and it is easy to start brightening them in the absence of a stronger light.